Friday, February 26, 2010

.dream a little dream.

i've been busy designing my future apartment... i can't help it! i'm anxious to move and get on with my life. i'm craving a change and it's always on my mind.. so why not get a head start, right?

i'm currently looking for bedding for this imaginary place and hopefully, in the next few months, it will no longer be my fantasy! i've been saving images of bedding and furnishings/accessories for months. i constantly look back on these images deciding which fits my current design taste best! i guess i don't really have a particular 'style'. my tastes change so often... however, after saving images i have noticed a common thread. i really like clean crisp spaces with natural elements, neutral colors, lots of texture, a little glitz and glam with few light pops of color. i tend to flock toward a mix of traditional, french country, shabby chic, and contemporary furnishings.

my advice for anyone trying to figure out their own taste in interiors, furniture, clothes, weddings, wedding dresses (i'm getting a head start on this too ;) shh!) or whatever it may be.. is to begin a file on your desktop where you can save images you like while checking out your fav sites. after a while, this stock pile of pretty pictures will form a theme and thus revealing your tastes! here are a few images in my current 'dream' bedroom folder. it's definitely still a work in progress! happy saving!

xo


          

No comments:

Post a Comment